2022 QSAT Hubs
August 13 & 14, 2022
Saturday 10am-5pm / Sunday 10am-4pm
2021 Questa Studio Art Tour Locations
We have divided the 2022 QSAT into seventeen easy-to-reach hubs where groups of remotely located artists and craftspeople join neighbors at home galleries on the tour map.
Tour guides with map and artist locations will be available at all nine hubs, as well as many other locations throughout Questa in mid-August.
Be sure to stop by the QSAT Info Booth at the Questa Visitor’s Center (Hub 5) during the tour to pick up a Tour guide and map, fuel up on water and snacks, and use the ADA accessible restrooms.
Come discover this remote and artistic corner of Taos County!
2305-C Hwy NM 522, Questa NM
- Evelyn Coggins – Old furniture gets a new life in Evelyn’s upscale, repurposed furniture.
- Martha Shepp – Experimental artist who works in mixed media and altered photography. marthashepp.com
- Karen Ahlgren – Colorful watercolors depicting local wildlife. karenahlgren.com
- Mose Rainhult – Local furniture builder creating classic beautiful functional pieces.
ArtQuesta Studio & Gallery
(R, H, Wheelchair ramp)
2305-C Hwy NM 522, Questa
- Roger Harrington is a jeweler and plein air and abstract painter. Artquesta.com
- Sandra Harrington is a potter who focuses on functional and sculptural forms using nontoxic glazes on her stoneware. ArtQuesta.com
- Monique Belitz is a national and international 2-D artist and uses acrylic, inks, and layering in her one-of-a-kind scenes of home. moniquebelitz.com
- Torre Strong is a master craftsman in all things leather: dying, shaping, and inventing. Custom work, too.
- Hilary Heyl – Hilary creates colorful weavings in response to social justice issues that she cares strongly about.
Ortega Stained Glass
12 Hillside Drive, Questa
- Nick Ortega is a local treasure stained-glass artist who creates beautiful, highly-skilled traditional arts and crafts.
- Larry Cisneros creates detailed wooden cutting boards and sometimes, puzzle boxes!
2430 Hwy NM 522, Questa
- Cynthia Rael-Vigil is known for her sewing, which she turns into aprons, quilts, and other crafts.
- Armando Vigil is a second-generation woodworker who makes furniture with traditional New Mexican embellishment, such as wooden cabinets with punched tin door inserts.
- Marcus Herrera focuses on woodworking and strong dynamic drawings and graphic imagery.
- Valarie Vigil creates unique and fun crafts items.
- Armando Vigil III– Woodworker focusing on boxes and small furniture.
- Carla Ortiz– Jewelry
- The Late Clarence LaCome– NM Folk Artist
- Ken Gallegos-Tradition Santero Carving
QSAT Info Booth at the
Questa Visitor’s Center
1 Hwy NM 38 (R,H)
- This is the tour information headquarters that includes maps of hub locations, artist descriptions, water and snacks, handicap accessibility and restroom location. Additional Questa information is also located at this stop.
Jay’s Unique Treasures
14 Hwy 38, Questa
- Blayne Rogers- Creates beautiful painted sculptures from antlers she collects while hiking.
- Paul Flores-Paul creates fun assemblage art using found objects and mixed media.
St. Anthony’s Church
10 Church Plaza, off Cabresto Road, Questa
- St. Anthony’s historic church and plaza dates back to the 1840s and was recently completely renovated by the Questa community. On Saturday tours are led by Flavio Cisneros.
Jeffroy Brunson Studio
38 Cabresto Road
Mike & Peggy’s Place
12 Calle del Sol, Questa
- Mike Ridder creates functional pottery that he hopes enriches the user’s daily experience with his work. michaelridder.com
- Peggy Trigg’s expressive landscape and abstract paintings capture the feel of each scene. She also plays with design in textile arts. peggytrigg.com
- Diane de Fremery has been making art with pastels and watercolors for thirty-five years. Her work focuses on nature and repurposing older works to create new pieces.
- Joan Norris works in pastels and oils to capture the essence and beauty of Northern New Mexico. joandarbynorris.com
- Julienne Hadfield creates accessories that beautify your wardrobe. Specializing in jewelry, she also uses her creative beading techniques to create fun, wispy clothing.
- Monique Parker is a self-taught multi-media artist whose mostly acrylic colorful abstract and sacred art paintings are inspired by her spiritual practices. moniqueparkerstudios.com
Questa Library and Youth Center
7 Questa Park Road, Questa
The new library addition as well as the Cisneros Questa Youth Center will house multiple artists. Make sure to stop in and see this fabulous new space!
- BJ Konior creates bright and fun folk paintings.
- Questa Quilters Guild is a group of seven members who have been working together for over twenty-four years. Proceeds from their sales help those in need.
- Nancy DeHerrera-Crochet began taking photos of her surroundings as a girl with an Instamatic camera. Today this norteña captures the beauty of landscapes and portraits.
- Mary Jo Kelly-Plein air paintings of locations on the Enchanted Circle in Northern New Mexico. maryjokellyart.com
- Boneta Curry-Brown- Oil painter specializing in images of nature.
Corner of El Rito Road and Lorien Road, El Rito/Latir
- The late Nancy Brown’s famed abstract and contemporary work of east coast acclaim.
- Bill Brown creates beaded jewelry and oil and pastel paintings.
Luna Madre Farm & Studio
24 Luna Madre Road, El Rito/Latir
- Jenny Kostecki-Shaw is a mixed-media illustrator and author of children’s books.
Oasis of Lorien
12 Quintana Road, El Rito/Latir
- Maria Mikhailas works in oils, acrylics, and sculpture, journeying into inner spiritual awareness. mariamikhailas.com
- Betsy Irwin is an artist and anthropologist, drawn to making ritual art. Currently she is working with gourds.
- Audrey Kunkel creates jewelry, intricate beadwork, and stuffed animals.
- Steve Racicot creates bronze sculpture, some based upon dreams and other cast smaller items in his backyard foundry.
- Teresa Gostanza– works in oils to create illuminating mystical imagery.
Barrie Andrews Studio
6 Virsylvia Road, El Rito/Latir
- Barrie Andrews will be showing her colorful glass work, encaustic art, and printmaking. wowartglass.com
3204, NM Highway 522, Questa, NM
Virsylvia Farms will offer weaving demonstrations of mohair and wool from their farm animals and a petting zoo for the kids. VirsylviaFarms.com
Betsy Peirce-Printmaker and folk art creator, Betsy Pierce works in a variety of artistic expressions including mono printing, jewelry, shrine objects and magnets.
Jane Stuehling-Jane works in an assortment of textile adventures including felting and rug making.
54 Dulcimer Road, El Rito/Latir
- Winter Ross-Winter works in many mediums, including etching, fabric art, illustrations, fabric art, painting, and quilting. winterross.weebly.com
- Shera Maher works in oil and acrylic paints to create fun, colorful imagery that focuses on merging symbolism, nature and abstraction.
- Mario Sauceda Works with acrylics and oils to produce hunting and mystical images of the landscape and his imagination.
Catherine Porter-Brown works in oil to produce magical realism
360 Sunshine Valley Road, Sunshine Valley
- Jill Kamas creates beautiful unique silversmithing jewelry and resurrects vintage Stetson hats with new fittings that hold stones and feathers in the old saddle leather.
- Claire Cote – Claire’s current works on paper, “Botanical Shadows” combine delicate black ink pen lines and silhouette shadow forms with flowing watercolors in the palette of her high desert homeplace. clairecote.com
- Cami Thompson’s paintings illuminate interior spaces with great vibrancy. A favorite subject is the dahlias in her garden. camithompsonartist.com
- Kathy Morsell creates handbuilt pottery that is influenced by her surroundings. blackstarinsunshine.com
- Mark Lewis Wagner is a traditional and digital artist and educator who has two art world records and five pieces of art photographed by satellites. He is currently focusing on a series of Spirit Bird paintings. marklewiswagner.com drawingonearch.org
- Jessie Hook – Jessie’s latest work features a series of energetic, gestural plein air watercolors that capture the subtle yet vibrant colors of Northern New Mexico throughout the seasons. jessiehook.com